5 - The Vendée Globe Village in Les Sables d'Olonne
The Vendée Globe Village will be open to the public, free of charge, three weeks before the start of the race, from 15 October to Sunday 6 November 2016.
The Vendée Globe Village in Les Sables d'Olonne
The Vendée Globe Village in Les Sables d'Olonne offers visitors unrestricted access to the pontoons within the specified opening hours. The Village is a dedicated discussion and socialisation space, featuring exhibition areas for sponsors, partners, associations and traders covering more than 15,000 m².
More than 1.2 million people are expected to attend!
At the Vendée Globe Village* you'll find :
- the Tourism Pavilion
- the Vendée departmental area
- an information point
- exhibition areas
- bars and restaurants
- a partners and sponsors area, etc.
*Download the Vendée Globe Village map.
From 15 October 2016 onwards, you'll also be able to access the pontoons so you can admire the participating boats.
>> Explore the boat locations on the pontoons
The pontoons will be closed to the public on 5 and 6 November 2016.
Opening hours :
- From 15 October to 6 November 2016: daily from 10 am to 8 pm.
- On Sunday 6 November 2016, the Village will be open from 7 am to 8 pm.
- Late opening on Saturdays (15, 22 and 29 October and 5 November 2016) until 10 pm.
Car parking :
- Indigo Centre-Ville car park, 5 minutes' walk from the Village (1,150 spaces). Pay and display.
- Hôtel de Ville indoor car park, 24 minutes' walk from the Village. Pay and display.
- Port de Pêche Indigo car park, 24 minutes' walk from the Village. Pay and display.
- Cours Dupont car park, 28 minutes' walk from the Village. Pay and display.
- Place Louis XI Indigo car park, 29 minutes' walk from the Village. Pay and display.
Motorhome car park :
- Parking Plage, Rue Printanière, Les Sables-d'Olonne. 20 minutes' walk from the Village. Pay and display.
- Parking de la Paracou, Rue de la Bonne Vierge, Les Sables-d'Olonne. 10 minutes' walk from the Village.
- Port Olona, Rue des Bossis, Olonne-sur-Mer. Close to the Village.
The Vendée Globe "Passeur":
The "Passeur" ferry boat will be operating a shuttle service between Quai René Guiné and the Vendée Globe Village throughout the Village opening times.
Daily from 10 am to 8 pm, and until 10 pm on Saturdays. Services run every 20 minutes.
Prices: single trip: €2.50 per person.
Book of 5 tickets: €8 (available at "Tabac/Presse" outlets in the Remblai, fishing port, Port Olona and La Chaume).
Group prices (minimum 10 people): €1.60 - call +33 (0)2 51 96 81 00 to book.
>> Book your accommodation