7 - Tourism Pavilion : events and highlights
The Tourism Pavilion will be open between 15 October and 6 November 2016, at the Vendée Globe Village in Les Sables-d'Olonne. During the three-week period, it will host a number of events at the Village, including the "Les Toqués du Vendée Globe", the "One woman, one skipper" event, and various other activities and highlights.
"Les Toqués du Vendée Globe"
Leading chefs from Vendée will be on hand from 15 October to 5 November 2016, between the hours of 11:30 am and 1:30 pm, preparing delicious meals using local produce for members of the public to try. Each day will see a different chef working his or her magic in front of visitors*.
*Find the programme in the Tourism Pavilion practical guide opposite.
"One woman, one skipper" event
Every weekend between 5 pm and 6 pm, Vendée Tourisme will invite skipper's wives to speak at a unique event. Come and meet the skippers' wives and listen to their stories.
- Wives invited onto stage, followed by an introduction and talkshow-style question-and-answer session. How do they feel when the skipper sets sail at the start of the race? What do they do during the race? How do they follow the race?
- The wives give their accounts of the skipper: personality, passions, family anecdotes, etc.
- "Tourism in Vendée game".
- Questions from invited guests.
- A dedication session with the skippers at the end of the show.
*Find the programme in the Tourism Pavilion Practical Guide opposite.
Every day, exhibitors at the Tourism Pavilion will run a range of events. Visitors will have free access to tastings, quizzes, children's activities, etc.
Many of the exhibitors will also be organising competitions, with prizes including holidays, boat trips to the islands, parachute jumps, fine-dining meals, and seats on-board a boat to experience the start of the Vendée Globe.