5 - Vendée water sports statistics
The Vendée is a top water-sports destination thanks to its excellent location and facilities.
- 11 marinas, including 5 floating harbours with 4,230 berths;
- 18 seaside resorts and two islands (Noirmoutier et Yeu);
- 250 km of coastline 80 % protected, 140 km of fine sandy beaches;
- a surprising variety of landscapes: dunes and forests, rocky and wild coast, salt marshes;
- Almost 120 clubs or associations involved in developing water sports (dinghy sailing and sailboats, land sailing, surfing, kite-surfing, scuba diving, kayak-canoeing...).